Sunday 15 August 2010

The City

Hey,

I used to watch a reality show called "The Hills" and I really enjoyed it as it followed a California girl, Lauren Conrad, who got an internship at Teen Vogue. Obviously it included a lot of her personal life but the reason I watched it was to get an idea of what it's like behind the scenes working at a fashion magazine.

E4 unfortunately stopped showing it but recently I have found that channel five is showing the spin-off show which is called "The City" and this follows Whitney, Lauren's friend who moved to New York city to work for designer Diane Von Furstenberg. Five is currently showing season 2 where Whitney is working for People's Revolution a PR company but her friend Olivia is working at Elle Magazine. This is what pulled me in as I get to see what kind of thing she has to do at Elle magazine. She often gets sent out to research stuff and she always has to find her accessories and get a good range to feature in an article in the magazine.

My favourite thing to watch is them dealing with fashion shoots as I love to see how it works and also a catwalk show which I remember from "The Hills" where Whitney and Lauren had to call out the models to get them out on the catwalk and they also had to help seat the guests. This really gives me a good idea of what I might expect from the fashion industry.

Beth
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment