Wednesday 25 August 2010

The September Issue continued

Hey,

PhotoSo as i posted yesterday I watched the whole of "The September Issue" a documentary on Vogue. It was very interesting, they also went more into Anna Wintour's history and her life. In one part of the documentary she was at home with her daughter asking her which cover she likes best. Her daughter says she has alot of respect for her mum but there is no chance she will go into fashion she's heading for law school. Anna Wintour replied saying "there's still time". Another thing I found interesting about Anna Wintour is she has 2 brothers and a sister and she said they think what she does is "amusing" she didn't seem to imply that they supported her at all which I found very sad. I know her dad supported her, he was the editor of the London Standard and from an early age put the idea in her head to be the editor of Vogue.

There were alot of fashion designers in the documentary they went to see their collection and whether they would feature it in their magazine. Also to my satisfaction two of my favourite photographers were featured; Mario Testino and Patrick Demarchelier. Mario Testino was doing the Sienna Miller photoshoot in Rome, they had a little problem as there wasn't many final photo's to choose from and the magazine really wanted the Colosseum photo but Mario said that it didn't work for him. All the photos looked amazing I especially like the 1920's piece which used all the old outfits and the photographs used a soft filter, unfortunately a few of these got scrapped from the issue. Even the cameraman of the documentary got in the issue! He went to a fashion shoot and ended up in the photoshoot "filming" the model. When Anna Wintour saw them she liked them very much but told Bob, the camera man "some alterations were needed" and he "should go to the gym", the other editor Grace made sure that they didn't edit out Bob's stomach.

Very good and interesting film but has pretty much persuaded me that I would only like to work for vogue if I were a photographer, it's a bit crazy and too stressful for me!

Beth
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment