Thursday 26 August 2010

Wearable Technology

Hey,

Katy Perry at the Costume Institute Gala in New York. May 3, 2010. Oh, Katy Perry. How we adored seeing you light up (literally) the room in your Cute Circuit dress! She definitely takes home the prize for boldest thigh-slit fashionista.Yesterday I found this new site. I use JustJared all the time for my celebrity gossip but this one has UK celebrity gossip and a UK fashion site aswell. I was looking through the last couple of posts on the fashion site and one caught my attention. It was about wearable technology, Katy Perry wore a light up dress to the Met gala in May I think it's a beautiful dress lighting up blue, pink and green and it really suited her personality.


Space LeggingsThis article was saying that the company that made Perry's dress is looking to take it to the regular consumer. So I thought I'd check out the website. The idea of clothing having technology in it is a great idea but then actually making a good product that will sell is a little more tricky. This site had some "Twirkle T-shirts" which are T-shirts covered in LED lights that change colour when you move, these start at £90. They also have "Disc leggings" that are the same to the T-shirts with LED lights making up many discs. Personally I hate them they look horrible and just the describtion puts me off "stretchy Lycra/elastane shiny black leggings" even the model doesn't seem happy wearing them! They also have a "Hug shirt" that was apparently one of the best inventions of 2006, it uses bluetooth to recreate a hug. To be honest I don't understand it nor do I see the point of it. Another one of their weird inventions is a black dress that has a mobile phone in it. You answer your call by raising your arm and hang up by lowering your arm. I can sort of see the point if you don't want to take a bag around with you and you don't have pockets but I'm not sure the way to approach this was to put the phone in a dress. I can't see many of these designs actually taking off so I therefore believe any technology clothing is completely ludicrous and unnecessary.


Check out the fashion website: http://www.fabsugar.co.uk/
And the cutecircuit products: http://www.cutecircuit.com/products/

Beth
xoxo

1 comment: