Saturday 13 November 2010

1960's photo shoot

Hey,

Second post, so time for my 1960's photo shoot. I got inspiration from the photographer Brian Duffy and a photo shoot of his work in a 1960's Vogue magazine. I really liked the movement in this shoot and the factor that took my eye is the block colour across the photo I thought this was very interesting and different especially in the 1960's which was not the most experimental decade of fashion photography.  


For my photo shoot I used a home studio which literally is a white sheet but unfortunately I have not been taught how to use the proper studio at school and anyway I find it easier with little pressure from my teachers and my models are much more confident and comfortable while surrounded by friends at my home. As for the clothing I used many different bold colours so that I could then use that colour as the block colour. I tried to make the shoot look active but while still at the same time making it structured and posed. I believe it has worked out well and definitely shows the inspiration as well as my take on it. The only problem I had with this shoot was the clothing as I needed to be 60's but I also needed bold colours and for the clothing to be suitable for active movement aswell as my budget. I decided to go with bold T-shirts as these would of been in most decades and grey jeans which although wouldn't of been worn in the 1960's still gives the right impression needed for the shoot which was too not detract away from the colours.

Beth
xoxo    

No comments:

Post a Comment