Friday 16 July 2010

Vogue covers

  
Hey,

I've recently been researching for my next photography project which is based on fashion magazine photography, taking influence from Vogue and Elle photoshoots. I found a good site today that has many editorial photography and many other fashion elements such as designers and trends. I found it a good site for research. If you want to check it out it's: http://trendland.net/category/photography/fashion-editorial-spread/

Another good research was on vogue's site as it has the cover archive and you can search through photographers, models, editors and year. I found this really interesting as you could see how photography has developed and how the magazine has changed. It goes all the way back to 1916 which I would recommend looking at as the cover has drawings opposed to photo's and it really interesting me. A link to the archive: http://www.vogue.co.uk/magazine/archive/ 

September 1916This is the first ever issue of vogue! On sale in September 1916 for one shilling. The introduction read: "'The time has come,' designers say, 'to talk of many things, - of shoes and furs and lingerie, and if one flares or clings, and where the waist-line ought to be, and whether hats have wings.'

Very different from the 21st century Vogue that we are so used to.

Beth
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment