Monday 26 July 2010

Vintage Clothing

Hey,

I always thought that vintage clothing was just old cast offs from the charity shop. But today while researching vintage clothing for my fashion photography I found many websites that either stocked original vintage or new clothes in vintage styles.

My favourite and the best website I found was LA Vintage it stocks real vintage clothes. Unfortunately it's an American site so it's all in dollars but it does international shipping. The site is great I can search through size, colour, type and best of all for me era. The only problem I found was the prices; they range on average from about $30 to $80 which for what I need it for is too expensive. But it is helpful for me to gain an idea of the different styles in the different eras.

Another thing that surprised me today while researching is that Miss Selfridge actually stocks vintage styled clothes. They all look wonderful but it doesn't tell you what era it is based on so you'd have to make a guess and the same problem with the last website the price range is about £20 to £80 which for me is too much.

Check out LA vintage website: http://www.lavintage.com/
And Miss Selfridge vintage styles

Beth
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment