Thursday 1 July 2010

Converse prom shoes

Hey,

So I came across an advert for "converse prom collection" today and I was very intrigued as I wouldn't exactly think of converse as prom shoes. The only problem I had was the link took me to the converse website and I couldn't for the life of my find "prom collection" on this site. So I googled it of course, I found pictures of very sequinned converses. Now these aren't my idea of prom shoes but I'm sure with the right dress and style you could pull it off; at least you'd be comfy :) 

So this sparked me to write about my favourite shoes at the moment.

My favourite UK high street shop to buy shoes in would be New Look I love their shoes; at the moment they have great design and gorgeous colours. I adore a particular pair which are very pale pink, a sort of shiny patent material, very high heel and two thin buckle straps around the top of the foot. The only problem is I have no where to wear these shoes except for prom which isn't for a while yet. 

While trying to find a link to the New Look site I found that the shoes I like were on sale at £10! Unfortunately they don't have the pink colour but after a second glance they do have my size. 

The more relaxed and comfy shoes that I'd go for is converse as they are a good brand and they have a wide range of colours and patterns to choose from only problem is the style is the same but that's what converse is known for anyway. Otherwise I like skate shoes such as DC or Etnies which again are branded and have good colours and patterns in a relaxed and comfy shoe which you could wear almost anywhere and with almost anything. The problem I find with these is the price often seems a tad too expensive for a trainer but that's what you pay for the brand.

As for designer shoes my favourite of all time are Christian Louboutin shoes, I love their signature red sole which makes them desirable as you're not necessarily flaunting the name of the designer but for people who know shoes they will recognise your Louboutin shoes and the money you have invested in them! The styles of all the shoes are just wonderful they look really smart and cute. Almost all the celebrities will own a pair of Louboutin shoes to name a few Emma Bunton, Cheryl Cole, Lauren Conrad, Kylie Minogue, Jennifer Lopez have been photographed wearing Louboutin shoes. These are my favourite in the photo opposite, the classic, smart, black Louboutin shoes you can't see the red sole very well but the black and red is a great contrast. 

Obviously due to the sunny weather I should be talking about sandals. I know gladiator sandals are in fashion again this summer. I'm not too keen on these but I think if you get the right style they look really nice and I'm sure they're much comfier than flip flops :)

The trend I like this summer for shoes is the caged or gladiator high heels, I think they look really cute but I'm pretty sure they're not very practical again I found great examples of these in New Look and Christian Louboutin also do gorgeous styles. 

Check out the:

Beth 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment