Friday 2 July 2010

Wimbledon

Hey, 

I'm currently cheering on Andy Murray in Wimbledon tennis against Nadal it doesn't look good but he could turn it around. 

Anyway I noticed while watching that the ball girls had the Ralph Lauren logo on their shirts; I then noticed it on all the officials. I checked Ralph Lauren's UK site and I found out that Ralph Lauren is the official outfitters of Wimbledon. To start with I thought this was quite odd as the designer is linked to polo but then I thought how polo is quite a high class, posh and traditional sport much the same as Wimbledon with it's traditions. 

Pink Pony Tennis Balls - Pink Pony Tennis - RalphLauren.comOn the Ralph Lauren website I had a look at the Wimbledon collection and it's very traditional tennis clothing so it's nice to see that being designer hasn't changed it much, I do quite like the v-neck tennis jumper with blue outline on the collar. But the best thing I found in the collection was the tennis balls with the Ralph Lauren pony on them in pink for $5!


Update on the tennis; Murray lost so he's out of Wimbledon :(

Beth 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment